This morning at 5:30am, a resident of Strauss Drive called and reported that there was a fire somewhere on Dorchester Way. Members of the Shrewsbury Police and Shrewsbury Hose Company responded and found that a resident's deck had caught fire and was indeed burning. The fire was quickly extinguished and there was limited damage to the residence. There were no injuries reported, and the residents are able to remain in their house. The fire appears to be accidental, and the Borough's Fire Marshal is continuing to review the incident.
Great work by all involved to avert further serious damage and property loss!